Deceased animal disposal
Deceased domestic animal can be disposed of at the following locations:
|Bundaberg Waste Management Facility||46 University Drive Bundaberg Qld 4670|
|Qunaba Waste Facility||132 Potters Road Bargara Qld 4670|
|Tirroan Waste Facility||72 Tablelands Road Dalysford (via Gin Gin) Qld 4671|
|Childers Waste Facility||17 Nissens Lane Childers Qld 4660|
Decease animals - domestic
- Animals must be bagged prior to disposal
Deceased animals - vets
- All animal remains must be refrigerated or frozen prior to disposal.
- All animal remains must be in a specifically designed “Animal Body Bag”.
- It is preferable to contact the Waste Management Facility prior to arrival to advise approx time and date.
- On arrival at the Waste Management Facility, please declare contents of your load and any prior arrangements you have made with our staff.
- Please follow the instructions the Gatehouse Attendant provides as there are designated burial areas
Disposal at the Bundaberg Waste Facilty is per the below:
- Before 2pm - Monday to Thursday
- Before midday - Friday
- No disposal over the weekends
Deceased animals - larger animals (Domestic or Commercial)
Eg horses, cattle, donkeys etc
- Prior notice and an appointment is required for disposal
- A special burial fee may apply in addition to the tonnage rate for large burials
A deceased animal which may have been contaminated with an agent infectious to humans, is considered to be clinical waste. Disposal of this waste type is to be collected, transported and disposed of by an approved waste transporter.