Deceased animal disposal
Deceased domestic animal carcasses can be disposed of at the following locations:
|Bundaberg Waste Management Facility||46 University Drive Bundaberg Qld 4670|
|Qunaba Waste Facility||132 Potters Road Bargara Qld 4670|
|Tirroan Waste Facility||72 Tablelands Road Dalysford (via Gin Gin) Qld 4671|
|Childers Waste Facility||17 Nissens Lane Childers Qld 4660|
Deceased Animals - Vets
- All animal remains must be refrigerated or frozen prior to disposal. This assists in containing fluids and odour.
- All animal remains must be in a specifically designed “Animal Body Bag”. This will reduce the risk of bags bursting and contents becoming visible to the general public.
- It is preferable to contact the Waste Management Facility prior to arrival to advise approximate time of disposal and numbers for burial. This way our staff can be prepared for an efficient disposal.
- On arrival at the Waste Management Facility, please advise the Gatehouse Attendant of your cargo and any prior arrangements you have made with our staff.
- Please follow the instructions the Gatehouse Attendant provides as there are designated burial areas.
A deceased animal which may have been contaminated with an agent infectious to humans, is considered to be clinical waste. Disposal of this waste type is to be collected, transported and disposed of by an approved waste transporter.