Types of searches
A conveyancing search can be undertaken upon request and payment to Council. The fees for the current financial year are available on our Fees and Charges.
Types of searches are:
- Rates and Property (allow a minimum of five business days)
- Special Water Meter Reading (only read on Tuesday & Thursday. Application must be received two days prior to reading date and allow three business days after the read date for completion)
- Building compliance (Standard five business days & Urgent two business days).
- Copies of Certificate of Classification or Final Inspection Certificate (allow five business days)
- Building Approved Plans (allow five business days)
- Planning and Development Certificates (time varies dependent on the type of planning and development certificate requested)
- Plumbing search (allow five business days). This search is relevant if the customer wishes to know of any plumbing issues prior to a contract going unconditional.
Please note: Please check with your client or with Council if you are unsure whether this parcel is connected to a water meter and if a reading is required. A refund of a special water meter reading fee will not be given where the property is not connected to a water meter.
The conveyancing search application form 'Application for Rates Property Search / Building Search & Special Water Meter Reading' found below must be completed and returned to Council with the applicable fee. All enquiries are to be directed to Council's Revenue Department.