Plumbing work guidelines

Types of plumbing work

There are four set types of plumbing works:

A local government permit is required for all plumbing and drainage work which is not included in the schedules of notifiable work, minor work or unregulated work in accordance with the Plumbing and Drainage Act.

It is important to not only know what type of work you require to be carried out but also what paperwork and/or permits are required for that work to be carried out, including in some cases where it is mandatory that copies of these forms be provided to yourself as the property owner. By ensuring that your preferred contractor completes and submits the appropriate documentation can save you time, money and potential problems.

For further information please contact your preferred contractor directly or Council's Plumbing Compliance team on 1300 883 699.