Stormwater drainage

Drainage issues

Council receives a number of complaints each year regarding stormwater runoff and overland flow from private property causing an issue to an adjoining or downstream private property. In such instances Council’s intervention powers are very limited. Stormwater issues regarding runoff and overland flow between private properties should be resolved between property owners (see “Disputes between Neighbours”).

Property owners who experience issues possibly caused by stormwater runoff and overland flow from Council owned property (such as roads and parks), should seek clarification from Council.