Difficulty in paying your rates


Are you suffering from extreme hardship

There are several options available to you if you are suffering from extreme financial hardship.

  • Do you have a mortgage?  We prefer if you discuss your situation with your mortgagee as well as Council as they may be able to pay your rates and add the amount onto your mortgage.
  • Do you have you any superannuation?   You may be able to access your superannuation to pay the rates.   Special conditions apply but you can access the Australian Taxation Office website to obtain further information.
  • Apply to Queensland Government - Mortgage Relief Loan. This website has other useful information that may assist you.
  • Council has a Financial Assistance Information Sheet that you may find useful
  • You can read Council's Hardship Policy to see if you are eligible.  If you wish to proceed with an application after reading the policy, please contact Council's Revenue Recovery Team on 1300 883 699 to discuss your needs and request an application form.