Difficulty in paying your rates

Council chambers and civic centre from buss park

What do I do if I can't pay my rates

Make the call - please discuss your confidential situation with one of our Rates Recovery team members on 1300 883 699.   The team are only too happy to assist you with a payment plan.

Council may refer you to our external debt recovery specialists, Recoveries & Reconstruction if we have not had any contact with you to discuss your situation so it is important to make the call.  Our Rates Recovery Team need to discuss your needs and if a suitable plan is agreed to, set you up in our system with a commitment flag otherwise you may get referred for further action.

For the financial year 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022, Council will charge compound interest at 8.03% per annum on overdue rates and charges, calculated on daily rests.  

Remember:  If you have recently moved, ensure you have updated your details on our change of contact details form.

Page feedback

Was this page useful?
Are you on Mobile or Desktop?