Adoption of the Bundaberg Regional Council Planning Scheme (version 5.0)
Council adopted the Bundaberg Regional Council Planning Scheme (Version 5.0) at its Ordinary Meeting held 21 January 2020. The amendment was gazetted on 31 January 2020 and takes effect from 10 February 2020 (see gazette).
Version 5.0 of the Planning Scheme incorporates planning scheme amendment No.5 (Major Amendment) and planning scheme amendment No.6 (Mon Repos / Sea Turtle Amendment).
The purpose and general effect of the amendments are as follows:
Amendment No.5 (Major Amendment)
This amendment makes ongoing improvements to the planning scheme, including:
- minor changes to codes and levels of assessment to reflect desired intent and community expectations, including for Secondary dwellings and Dual occupancy development;
- zoning changes to recognise current land use, future development intent and correct errors;
- local planning for the Burnett Heads town centre, the Kalkie-Ashfield local development area, and part of Bargara (between Hughes and Seaview Roads);
- changes to address State interests, including regulated requirements and the Bundaberg State Development Area;
- changes to overlays, and the inclusion of additional local heritage places, including associated changes to SC6.2 Planning Scheme Policy for the Heritage and Neighbourhood Character Overlay Code;
- other changes to improve the operation and efficiency of the planning scheme.
Amendment No.6 (Mon Repos / Sea Turtle Amendment)
This amendment seeks to provide a greater level of protection for the Mon Repos Conservation Park and sea turtles from the effects of urban development and responds to the ministerial direction notice given to Council on 19 February 2017. This amendment includes:
- A sea turtle sensitive area overlay code to ensure assessable development in coastal areas avoids adverse impacts on sea turtles, including impacts from artificial lighting;
- zoning changes to include land at Shelley Street, Burnett Heads (currently included in the Emerging community zone) in the Rural residential zone - Precinct RRZ1 (2000m2 minimum lot size area);
- changes to other parts of the planning scheme, including the Advertising devices code and Nuisance code.
- Factsheet - Amendment No.5 (Major Amendment)
- Factsheet - Amendment No.6 (Mon Repos / Sea Turtle Amendment)
A copy of the planning scheme is available for inspection and purchase at Council’s Development counter at Level 6, Auswide Building, 16-20 Barolin Street, Bundaberg.