Council is proposing an amendment to the Bundaberg Regional Council Planning Scheme which seeks to incorporate a Planning scheme policy for agricultural buffers.
The proposed amendment is available for public consultation from Friday, 11 September 2020 to Tuesday, 13 October 2020.
The purpose of the Planning scheme policy is to:
- provide guidance for the design, construction and ongoing maintenance of agricultural buffers to minimise conflicts between agricultural operations and sensitive land uses (e.g. residential uses and urban development);
- inform the design of new residential development proposed adjacent to agricultural land uses in order to limit impact on lawful agricultural operations;
- provide appropriate design considerations and maintenance advice to ensure buffers are effective in mitigating off-farm impacts adjacent to sensitive land uses; and
- support applicants in satisfying the requirements of the planning scheme, and to assist development assessment officers in their assessment of new development applications that require agricultural buffers.
The proposed amendment and supporting material are available for download below:
- Proposed Planning scheme policy for agricultural buffers
- Supporting Technical Report
- Proposed Covenant Example
- Public Notice
A copy of the proposed amendment and supporting material are available for inspection and purchase at Council’s Development counter at Level 6, Auswide Building, 16-20 Barolin Street, Bundaberg.
Make a Submission
Any person may make a written submission to Council about any aspect of the proposed planning scheme amendment.
In order for a submission to be properly made, it must:
- be made in writing to Bundaberg Regional Council
- include the name and address of each person making the submission
- be signed by each person making the submission, unless the submission is made electronically
- state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds
- be received by Bundaberg Regional Council by 4.45pm on Tuesday, 13 October 2020
Submissions can be made by post, delivered in person, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a Question?
For enquires or information about the proposed amendment, visit Council’s website, phone 1300 883 699, email email@example.com or enquire at Council’s Development counter at Level 6, Auswide Building, 16-20 Barolin Street, Bundaberg.