About Gracie Dixon Centre
Bundaberg Regional Council operates the Gracie Dixon Centre from 9am to 3pm, Mondays to Fridays. The Centre provides an enjoyable social program for its members who are frail aged. The program which includes music, concerts, quizzes, cards, exercises, outings for drives & BBQ's is designed to maintain, develop and support the capacity for independent living and social interaction. Morning Tea & two-course midday meal are provided.
Carers also benefit by receiving much needed respite from their caring role. The Centre can arrange transport, if required, and offers its member's services including hairdressing and referral to other organisations.
To benefit our clients, staff, volunteers and community, by providing a creative program that seeks to enhance each person's quality of life, and to support them in remaining independent in their own home and their community.
We do this by:
- Providing a service where every person is uniquely valued and treated with dignity and respect.
- Having an increased focus on restorative approach including wellness and reablement.
- Expanding and enhancing our programs so as to be innovative in meeting member needs in maintaining and promoting independence in activities of daily living, social interaction and personal interests.
- Improving the structure of our volunteer and community worker programs, so that participants perform tasks under a system of clear work instruction with access to training, and efficient and effective staff supervision and direction.
- Promoting involvement from members, carers, staff, volunteers and other community stakeholders.