Complaints and disclosures

Administrative Action Complaint

Council has implemented a process to deal with Administrative Action Complaints in accordance with requirements of the Local Government Regulation 2012 for resolving complaints by an affected person about administrative actions.

Who can make a complaint?

A complaint can be made by an affected person who is directly affected by an administrative action of Council. An administrative action means a decision, an act or failure to act by Council. 

An alleged breach of a persons privacy or human right is also classified and handled under this procedure. 

Administrative Action Complaint Procedure

How to make a complaint?

You can make a complaint:

  • By completing the complaint form
  • In writing and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer by post or email to
  • By calling Council's call centre on 1300 883 699
  • Over the counter at a service centre

If you require assistance making a complaint, contact Council's call centre on 1300 883 699.

Administrative Action Complaint Form

How will Council deal with my complaint?

Council will acknowledge receipt of a complaint within five business days. You will receive written advice of the outcome of your complaint including the reasons for the decision within:

  • 20 business days for a simple matter.
  • 30 business days for more complex issues.

Where necessary, the complainant may be contacted to provide additional information in support of issues raised so that Council is in a position to correctly assess and investigate the matter.