The Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre is jointly funded by Bundaberg Regional Council and the Queensland Government. The Centre is open from Monday to Friday, 8.15am to 4.45pm.
The Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre integrates knowledge, investment, and action to build community inclusion and cohesion, and advocate for locally led responses to community issues.
As a trusted public space, the Neighbourhood Centre provides an inclusive and respectful place for people to connect, belong, participate and be supported. Visiting service providers also use the Centre as a place to deliver their services.
- Support communities to identify important concerns and issues impacting on the social wellbeing of their local community, and to plan and implement strategies to mitigate their concerns and solve their issues.
- Respond to the identified and emergent needs of the local community with a priority on vulnerable individuals and families within the community.
- Be flexible and culturally inclusive, providing a range of community activities.
- Provide universal access for the community with a focus on vulnerable individuals, families, and populations.
- Support access to more targeted services.
- Provide integrated and coordinated responses as part of the local social service system.
- Provide a mixed balance of programs, services, and activities.
- Promote community engagement and connectedness.
Key Activity Dimensions
The Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre is unique to the community it works within, tailoring activities to the needs and priorities of our community.
Three Key Activity Dimensions underpin the core operating activities of the Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre. As a funded Centre we are required to deliver these as part of our service agreements with the Queensland Government:
1. Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre “Links people with formal and informal support”.
- We provide a safe and trusted local place for people to seek support and assistance.
- We are a point of expertise on pathways to formal and informal support.
- We respond to individuals and families presenting with needs, ranging from information provision through to service navigation and interventions.
2. Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre “Creates social connections and inclusion”.
- We provide a safe place and activities for people to connect, participate, belong, contribute and volunteer.
- We mentor and support local groups and organisations.
- We foster inclusion, recognition and respect for First Nations and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
3. Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre “Integrates local community action”.
- We lead place-based responses by identifying local strengths and priorities, and designing, coordinating, and implementing local level solutions.
- We integrate investment and action for local issues.
- We foster volunteering and community involvement.
- We empower community members to organise and build local capacity.
- We act as a conduit to and from government, harnessing opportunities, and whole-of-government action for local benefit.
- We provide local leadership for disaster preparedness, resilience, and response.