Childers Neighbourhood Centre is jointly funded by Council and the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors, and offers a wide range of support services. Childers Neighbourhood Centre is open from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
The Childers Neighbourhood Centre is a community hub where various groups are able to meet and participate. Various visiting service providers also use the Neighbourhood Centre as a meeting place.
- To support communities in developing and promoting successful family and community relationships.
- To assist communities in discovering better links between the range of existing services.
- To provide quality, consistent support for community members within the Isis district.
- To provide a service to people regardless of cultural, social or economic background.
- To provide quality information, referral and guidance.
Childers Neighbourhood Centre have a comprehensive newsletter to assist with available services and to inform the community of Centre activities and initiatives.