Be Active, Be Alive
Eight weeks of free fitness fun!
When: 18 Oct - 11 Dec 2021
Where: Pools and Parks across the Bundaberg Region
Program out soon!
Fitness provider registrations are now open. Find out more HERE.
About the program
Initiated by Bundaberg Regional Council in 2012, the award-winning free parks and pools program was commenced with the help of State Government funding.
The program continues to be developed and refined under Council's 'Healthy and Active' charter to provide an inclusive mix of activities across our region's parks, pools and open spaces.
Fitness class types are dependant on fitness provider registrations.
Follow the Be Active Bundy Region Facebook Page for program updates.
Fitness class descriptions
Aerobics: Aerobics is a form of physical exercise that combines rhythmic aerobic exercise with stretching and strength training routines with the goal of improving all elements of fitness.
Yoga: Yoga is a gentle way to improve your posture, balance, and coordination.
Tai Chi: Tai chi is a series of gentle physical exercises and stretches.
Pilates: Pilates is a method of exercise that consists of low-impact flexibility and muscular strength and endurance movements.
Clubbercise: Clubbercise is a new dance fitness class with easy to follow routines using rave glow sticks. It is choreographed to club anthems from the 90′s and the latest chart hits.
Boxfit: Boxfit is a cardiovascular workout increasing stamina in the heart and lungs. It is based on the training used for boxing so includes skipping, boxing drills including footwork and abdominal, focusing on fitness and toning.
- No prior registration required
- Just turn up and sign on for the FREE activity
- Class numbers limited due to COVID-19
Bundaberg Regional Council supports recommendations that participants:
- Drink an adequate amount of water while exercising. Take a water bottle along to every BABA session attended to ensure adequate hydration while exercising. Water is recommended for low intensity exercise up to or less than 1 hour (Nutrition Australia).
- Be SunSmart while participating in BABA exercise sessions. Wear a hat, apply sunscreen and seek shade.
- Bring a towel or exercise / yoga mat depending on the type of class you are attending.