What should you do to prepare for extreme heat?
- Identify any particularly at risk members of your family such as babies, young children, elderly people, pregnant women, people on certain medications or with medical conditions
- Consider installing alternatives such as awnings, shade cloth, internal blinds or curtains to help cool your home
- Ensure any air conditioners are serviced regularly
- Listen to weather forecasts for potential heatwaves
- Prepare for a power failure:
- Plan for what you would do if a heatwave caused electricity supply failure
- If a power failure does occur, ensure you have a torch, fully-charged telephone or mobile phone, battery operated radio and spare batteries