What should you do after a fire passes?
- Once it is safe to go outside, check for spot fires or embers:
- Inside the roof space
- Under the floorboards
- Under the house
- On verandas and decks
- On window ledges and door sills
- In roof lines and gutters
- In garden beds or mulch
- In sheds or carports
- In woodpiles
- On outdoor furniture
- Stay at home until the surrounding area is clear of fire.
- Continue to drink lots of water and listen to your local radio station for updates.
- Monitor media outlets for updates.