Be Active, Be Alive
4 weeks of pool then 4 weeks of park...for 8 weeks of free fitness fun!
When: 25 January - 21 March 2021
Where: Pools and Parks across the Bundaberg Region
Download the program here or check out the full program below.
Fitness class descriptions
FFL: Fitness for life - active exercise sessions catering for all ages, abilities and fitness levels such as cardio, circuit, dance aerobics, box fit, resistance, strength and exercise to music fusion.
mSwing: mSwing uses a single dumbbell and natural, flowing movements to provide a fun, challenging and effective workout.
Yoga: Yoga is a gentle way to improve your posture, balance, and coordination.
Tai Chi: Tai chi is a series of gentle physical exercises and stretches.
Pilates: Pilates is a method of exercise that consists of low-impact flexibility and muscular strength and endurance movements.
Zumba: Zumba is a fitness program that combines Latin and international music with dance moves.
Parkrun: parkrun is a collection of 5-kilometre (3.1 mi) events for walkers, runners and volunteers that take place every Saturday morning at more than 2,000 locations in 22 countries across five continents.
H20: Pool activities - a variety of fitness activities undertaken in our local swimming pools such as water fitness and water aerobics.
- No prior registration required
- Just turn up and sign on for the FREE activity
- Class numbers limited due to COVID-19
Check the Be Active Bundy Region Facebook page for updates, including cancellations.
About the program
Initiated by Bundaberg Regional Council in 2012, the award-winning free parks and pools program was commenced with the help of State Government funding.
The program continues to be developed and refined under Council's 'Healthy and Active' charter to provide an inclusive mix of activities across our region's parks, pools and open spaces.
Bundaberg Regional Council supports recommendations that participants:
- Drink an adequate amount of water while exercising. Take a water bottle along to every BABA session attended to ensure adequate hydration while exercising. Water is recommended for low intensity exercise up to or less than 1 hour (Nutrition Australia).
- Be SunSmart while participating in BABA exercise sessions. Wear a hat, apply sunscreen and seek shade.
- Bring a towel or exercise / yoga mat depending on the type of class you are attending.