Be Active, Be Alive
Eight weeks of free fitness fun!
When: 18 Oct - 11 Dec 2021
Where: Pools and Parks across the Bundaberg Region
View the class descriptions HERE
- No prior registration required
- Just turn up and sign on for the FREE activity
CSR (Cardio / Strength / Resistance) – A well rounded full body class designed to increase your heart rate and increase your overall strength and fitness, suitable for all ages and abilities
GS (Gentle Stretch) – Safe low impact stretches designed to increase your range of movement and reduce muscle tension and strains
ABT (Abs / Butt / Thighs) – Low impact class targeting those key areas whilst also improving lower back pain, posture and hip/leg strength - for all ages and fitness levels
BoxFit – Combination of Boxing and Fitness training
Pilates – Low-impact flexibility and muscular strength and endurance movements
mSwing – Uses a single dumbbell and natural, flowing movements to provide a fun, challenging and effective workout
Yoga – A gentle way to improve your posture, balance, flexibility and coordination
Tai chi – A series of gentle physical exercises and stretches
H20 (water fitness / water aerobics) – A variety of fitness activities undertaken in our local swimming pools
parkrun – A collection of 5-kilometre (3.1 mi) events for walkers, runners and volunteers that take place every Saturday morning at more than 2,000 locations in 22 countries across five continents.
Bundaberg Regional Council supports recommendations that participants:
- Drink an adequate amount of water while exercising. Take a water bottle along to every BABA session attended to ensure adequate hydration while exercising. Water is recommended for low intensity exercise up to or less than 1 hour (Nutrition Australia).
- Be SunSmart while participating in BABA exercise sessions. Wear a hat, apply sunscreen and seek shade.
- Bring a towel or exercise / yoga mat depending on the type of class you are attending.
About the program
Initiated by Bundaberg Regional Council in 2012, the award-winning free parks and pools program was commenced with the help of State Government funding.
The program continues to be developed and refined under Council's 'Healthy and Active' charter to provide an inclusive mix of activities across our region's parks, pools and open spaces.
Fitness class types are dependant on fitness provider registrations.
Follow the Be Active Bundy Region Facebook Page for program updates.