Council's sports grounds and venues
Sporting grounds and venues are spread throughout the region providing residents and visitors with easy access to a wide variety of sporting activities including cricket, Australian Rules football, softball, football, rugby league, touch, hockey, basketball, shooting, karting, horse riding events and more.
Council owned sporting facilities include:
• Salter Oval | the home of rugby league and cricket.
• Bundaberg Super Park | regional athletic facility with a full synthetic athletic surface and 12 court synthetic netball facility.
• Hinkler Park | synthetic turf surface.
• Bundaberg Multiplex | including indoor multi-sport courts.
• Bundaberg Recreational Precinct | including kart track, undercover arena, stables, grassed ovals, stock yards and more.
Event organisers and sporting clubs can hire these facilities to host various events.
Council also provides three public swimming pools within the region including:
• Norville Park Swimming Pool
• Isis War Memorial Pool
• Gin Gin Swimming Pool
Among the range of sporting facilities maintained by Council, there are several tennis courts located across the region.