Sewer blockages from trees

Where are my sewer pipes located?

Sewer and drainage lines are the most common victims of root intrusion. The problem affects both Bundaberg Regional Council and private property owners - causing great inconvenience and costs for both. Many people are unaware that Council sewer mains run through residential properties, connecting up to the sewer pipes owned by homeowners.

The location of our mains and your pipes can be hard to identify without plans. Bundaberg Regional Council can provide you with a plan showing sewer mains on your property and also a corresponding plan showing where your sewer pipes are located.

To request a drainage plan, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 883 699.  Alternatively, you may email your request to or visit us in person at :

East Operations Centre - 2 Victoria Street, Bundaberg East (from 7.30 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday)

Please note, drainage plans can only be issued to the:

  • Property Owner/s;
  • Licensed Plumber; or
  • Solicitor as part of a property settlement.

Should you wish to obtain a drainage plan and you do not meet the above criteria, you must obtain written consent from the property owner.

Contact us

Address: 190 Bourbong Street
Bundaberg QLD 4670. Australia.

Telephone: 1300 883 699