Water Supply Interruptions
To carry out essential maintenance to the water network, Council needs to turn off the water supply in the following areas:
|Interruption Type||Suburb||Affected Streets||Begins||Ends|
|Planned||Bargara||Wilfred Street (between Osprey Street and Breeze Drive)||15 July 2020 - 9.30 am||15 July 2020 - 12.30 pm|
|Planned||Burnett Heads||Powers Street (between Duffy Street and Buss Street)||15 July 2020 - 9.30 am||15 July 2020 - 12.30 pm|
|Unplanned||Burnett Heads||Burnett Heads Road (between Campbell Street and Rickerts Road)||15 July 2020 - 10.20 am||15 July 2020 - 11.30 am|
|Planned||Bargara||Wilfred Street (between Endeavour Court and Woongarra Scenic Drive), Endeavour Court, Aqualine Court and Woongarra Scenic Drive (between Breeze Drive and Oceanview Street)||16 July 2020 - 9.30 am||16 July 2020 - 12.30 pm|
|Planned||Burnett Heads||Burnett Heads Road (between Campbell Street and Milton Street)||16 July 2020 - 9.00 am||16 July 2020 - 12.00 pm|
|Planned||Bundaberg West, Svensson Heights and Norville||Walker Street (between Powers Street and Faldt Street)||17 July 2020 - 9.30 am||17 July 2020 - 11.30 am|
- The work has been programmed at this time to minimise inconvenience to customers.
- Completion of work may depend on weather and other work commitments.
Before water is turned off:
- You may wish to store sufficient water for your requirements during this period.
- Ensure that all taps are turned off and appliances, which use water, are not in operation.
- Please note that hot water services should NOT be operated during this time to avoid possible damage.
- Prior to shut down, any instantaneous hot water heaters should be switched off.
After water is turned on:
- On resumption of the water supply a hot water tap should be turned on to flush any air pockets from the pipes, then turn the hot water heater on again.
- The water quality may not be of the usual standard and in some instances the water may appear discoloured, however, the water is safe for use.
- We advise that you check the water prior to use. If it appears discoloured we suggest you turn on the nearest external tap to the meter and let it run for a period of time, or until it runs clear, and then do the same to the furthest external tap from the meter, to clear your pipework.
- Please do not wash clothes at this time to prevent staining from any discoloured water.
If your water supply does not resume, low pressure is experienced, or the water remains discoloured after some time, please contact Council’s Call Centre on telephone 1300 883 699 to report the fault.
Council apologises for any inconvenience this interruption may cause. Our operations personnel are committed to restoring normal water supply as quickly as possible.