Book a plumbing inspection
Once an approval has been issued, only the licenced plumber or drainer carrying out the installation of plumbing, drainage and on-site wastewater may request an inspection from Council's Plumbing Team.
The type of inspections required are as follows:
- Underslab drain
- External Drainage
- Internal Hot and Cold Water Service Elevated Drainage (Rough In)
- On-site sewerage facility and disposal area
Before the final inspection is requested and carried out, Council requires the following documentation to be submitted:
- Form 8 from the appropriate person as Queensland Government requirements
- 'As constructed' plumbing and drainage plans have been provided to Council
- Form 9 and commissioning certificates for backflow requirements
- Thermostatic Mixing Valve commissioning certificates
- Commissioning Certificate for on-site sewerage facility
- Fire Service test reports (for commercial premises)
- Bore water certification (for rural properties, if required)
- Details of any trade waste pre-treatment device installed (for commercial premises)
Should Council not receive all the necessary documentation, the final inspection cannot be carried out.
To receive a successful final inspection outcome, the licenced plumber or drainer, from the final inspection date, will have a maximum of seven (7) business days to complete the non-compliant work as noted in the Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulations 2019.
To book in your inspection please ensure:
- The licenced plumber or drainer must provide Council with the correct permit number and address to schedule an inspection date and time
- Inspection bookings are made two (2) days prior to the inspection date
- A completed Form 7 submitted by Responsible Person for work being assessed
- The installed plumbing needs to be visible