Seniors' Alliance (SA)
The Seniors’ Alliance (SA) has been established to provide an inclusive platform for Seniors services and advocates to come together.
The Seniors Alliance will:
- Maintain a community engagement model to build a resilient and knowledgeable community.
- Support older residents who feel isolated to build stronger connections
- Promote a solutions-based mindset of emerging gaps and barriers for senior residents
- Promote inclusion and participation within the seniors’ community; programmed and incidental
- Community sector engagement and participation, encouraging seniors led activities
- Facilitate pathways for education programs to facilitate lifelong learning in Seniors
- Encourage partnerships that value add to diversity and culture participation
- Support a coordinated approach to future proofing the Region so seniors feel supported
- Build the service providers responsiveness to localised solutions to localised barriers and gaps
- Identify opportunities for services to collaborate for active and healthy activities for seniors
- Promote improved education sharing and transparency between services for seniors’ benefit
- Activate opportunities to engage Council representatives in seniors planning
- Promote a community led approach to combating societal issues
- Strengthen partnerships which build seniors community capacity to connect
Subscribe now to receive by email, the Bundaberg Regional Council's Bundy Region Connect newsletter with the latest news on community trends, activities, resources, grants, events and council venues available for hire.
View our community directory to find local clubs or groups in the region.
To check out what events are happening across the region, visit: whatsonbundaberg.com.au/.
For Local Service Providers For Community
If you're a local service provider, community group or agency and would like to learn more about what is happening in Bundaberg please email email@example.com to be added to our Community E-News mailing list to receive weekly updates.
Bundaberg Regional Council supports the following community networks in working towards better opportunities for the Bundaberg community.
|All Abilities Alliance||9am to 11am||Bi-monthly - 2nd Thursday||Varied firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bundaberg Elder Abuse Awareness Network||2pm to 3pm||Monthly - 3rd Tuesday||Relationships Australia|
|Bundaberg Interagency Meeting||1pm to 2.30pm||Monthly - 3rd Thursday||Bundaberg Neighbourhood Centre, 111 Targo Stemail@example.com|
|Seniors Alliance (SA)||2pm to 3pm||Monthly - 3rd Monday||Supper Room, Civic Centrefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Childers Interagency Meeting||10am to 12pm||Bi-monthly - 1st Tuesday||Childers Neighbourhood Centre, 69 Churchill St, Childersemail@example.com|
|Community Youth Collective||9am to 10.30am||Monthly - First Friday||Varied Locationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gin Gin Interagency Meeting||10am to 11.30am||Bi-monthly - 2nd Wednesday||Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre, 4 Dear St, Gin Ginemail@example.com|
|Family and Baby Network||1pm to 2.30pm||Monthly - 1st Monday||Uniting Care Community, 3A River Terracefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Local Level Alliance||10am to 12pm||Bi-monthly - 3rd Tuesday||Bundaberg Neighbourhood Centre,111 Targo Stemail@example.com|
|Youth Development Action Team (YDAT)||3:30pm to 5pm||Monthly - 3rd Tuesday||School of Arts, Room 1Mfirstname.lastname@example.org|