Neighbour Day is an annual celebration of community on the last Sunday of March.
The theme for the 2021 Neighbour Day is ‘every day is neighbour day’.
Bundaberg Regional Council wants to know who has the best neighbour or street or neighbourhood.
Bundaberg Regional Council wants to encourage the community to actively build strong connections with the people around them and to realise the social, emotional and mental benefits of connecting with others and joining and taking part in social groups.
All Australians are urged to reach out to the vulnerable and lonely members of their community, because it can truly make a difference to the lives of those who may be struggling with isolation or loneliness.
Neighbour Day is the perfect day to say thanks to the wonderful people in our neighbourhood, connect with new neighbours, and feel part of your community.
Tell us about your best neighbour or neighbourhood and you could win a BBQ essentials pack valued at $200 for your neighbour!
Do you have that friendly neighbour or are part of a neighbourhood that usually do good deeds for the community and goes out of their way to help you or others?
Complete the nomination form below and in 25 words or less tell us why your neighbour, street or neighbourhood should be nominated.
Closing date 19 March 2021.
Entries will be short listed by an independent team and the winner will be decided by public opinion via Facebook.
Voting starts 22 March and closes 25 March 2021.
Terms and conditions
* This competition is run by Bundaberg Regional Council (Council).
* By entering this competition you agree to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. A failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions will render any entry invalid and an entrant will be ineligible to claim the prize.
* The competition is open from Friday 26 February 2021 and will close at 3pm on Friday 19 February 2021.
* The winner for each neighbourhood will be drawn on Friday, 26 March 2021
* The most popular choice as at 3pm on Thursday 25 March, as decided by public opinion on Facebook will be the winner.
* Council’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
* The prize winner will be notified by phone or email (as supplied in the entry form) on Friday, 25 March.
* The winner must be a resident of the Bundaberg Region (proof of address required).
* Government agencies, Council employees and Councillors are ineligible to win the prize.
* Prize valued at $200 each.
* Prize is not transferrable nor redeemable for cash.
* The Council accepts no responsibility for and you agree to indemnify and release Council against any loss or damage howsoever arising (including negligence), to a person or property, arising out of or in connection with the competition including (but not limited to) erroneous, late or misdirected entries, errors, delay or malfunction of Council's website and any implications of winning the prize.
* Council reserve the right to cancel or terminate the competition if, for any reason, the integrity of the competition or its fairness or security is compromised.
* Council may vary these Terms and Conditions without notice to participants by publication on the Website of the amended Terms and Conditions.