Community Connect Program
About the program
The Community Connect Program through the Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre is funded by the Queensland Government.
The funded program supports the Centre with their vital role in supporting the Gin Gin Community. Neighbourhood and Community Centres provide a universal point of access for individuals and families to obtain support and advocacy services as well as referrals to formal service systems.
Who can use the program?
Community Connect services support vulnerable individuals and families. The services can connect you to social programs and support services, including counselling, parenting help, financial literacy or crisis supports and much more.
Our Community Connect Worker has a focus on the participant’s needs and wishes, are solution-focussed and work towards resolving issues and removing barriers. Our Community Connect Officer can assist by finding the right support for you at the right time.
To get started, contact the Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre to make a time to meet privately with our Community Connect Worker and talk about your circumstances.
During this time, the Community Connect Worker will work together with you to connect you to relevant support services. In some circumstances, we may also be able to provide assistance in meeting costs associated with accessing these services.
How is the program provided?
The program can be provided face-to-face or by telephone, or even video calls. We will work with you to support you to meet your needs this could be but not limited to referrals to services to assist you with:
- Aging in Place Services
- Child/ Family Support Services
- Culturally Specific Support
- Disability Support Services
- Domestic and Family Violence Services
- Drug and Alcohol Support Services
- Emergency Accommodation/ Homelessness Services
- Emergency Relief
- Employment and Education and Training Providers
- Financial Counselling Support Services
- General Counselling Services
- Health Services (not alcohol or drug or mental health)
- Income Support
- Legal or Justice Services (QPS)
- Long Term Housing Services
- Mental Health Services
- Queensland Community Support Scheme (QCSS)
- Social Isolation
- Transport Services
- Other Support Services
We aim to match clients with the best service providers to meet their individual needs.
The program is funded by the Queensland Government and provided at no cost.
Community Connect Worker will help you:
- Assess support options.
- Connect with services.
- Referrals to appropriate services.
- Build your skills and confidence.
- Present you with options / referrals about service providers in the region.
- Liaise with service providers, to assist with appropriate referral and connections.
- Link you with supports – occupational therapy, speech therapy, support groups.
- Link you with your local community.
- Work with you to develop capacity.
The Community Connect Workers role is to provide tailored short-term support to build skills and capability of participants and to facilitate access to supports and services.