The World Health Organization has announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic. The Australian Government has introduced restrictions and measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
For up to date information visit:
Feeling unwell? If you develop a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, please contact a doctor, visit the Fever Clinic at the Bundaberg Recreation Precinct or call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84).
In additon to the Fever Clinic, there two new medical facilities which have opened in Bundaberg to help stop the spread of the Coronavirus.
- A drive-through COVID-19 testing centre, run by QML Pathology is in operation from the Bundaberg Super Park, Eva St and is open from 9 am to 2.30 am, Monday to Friday. A GP referral is needed for anyone who wishes to be tested.
- Bundaberg Respiratory Clinic also officially opened its doors this week at the Grace Medical Skin and Vein Centre in Princess Street and includes an assessment and treatment clinic for anyone with respiratory illness or cold/flu-like symptoms. It is also a testing centre for COVID-19. This clinic opens from 8.30 am at 16 Princess Street, East Bundaberg.
Council Services Update as of Monday 1 June 2020
Following the State Governements easing of restrictions, as of Monday 1st June 2020, Queensland will reopen for Queenslanders.
Gathering numbers have been increased to 20, travel within Queensland is now possible with no limit to distance and stays overnight outside of your home are also possible.
Due to these changes, the following council operated holiday parks are open to accepting bookings. However, Holiday Parks will not be operating at full capacity & will be managed in line with the COVID Safe Plan.
- Burnett Heads Lighthouse Holiday Park
- Elliott Heads Holiday Park
- Miara Holiday Park
- Moore Park Beach Holiday Park
For further information on Stage 2 of the Queensland Government Roadmap, please click here.
Council Services Update as of Friday 15 May 2020
The following council facilities will be open as follows:
- Playground equipment, skate parks and outdoor gyms open for use
- Public pools – Norville, Anzac and Gin Gin pools will remain closed (due to close timing of regular winter closure) with Childers pool (heated) open
- Libraries at Bundaberg, Gin Gin, Childers and Woodgate open (limited number of visitors more information can be found here.)
- Childers and Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centres open
Waste facilities will remain open (EFTPOS and pre-approved account payments only)
Please be advised that maintaining physical distancing and good hand hygiene is required at all facilities.
To view the full details of the State Governments easing of restrictions framework, please visit covid19.qld.gov.au
The below Council venues and facilities will remain closed to the public until further notice:
- Recycled Goods Shops will cease to operate
- BRAG and Charts
- Alexandra Park Zoo
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation and Fairymead House
- The Bundaberg Administration Centre on Bourbong Street will remain open between 8.15am and 4.45pm weekdays. Other Council customer service areas are closed to the public (including Neighbourhood Centres, Planning Counter, Civic Arcade Counter, Cemetery). Customer services will also be available via phone 1300 883 699, online here and via the Snap, Send Solve app. Critical face to face meetings will be by appointment.
- Overnight stay areas in Childers, Sharon Gorge and Lions Park in University Drive
- All routine inspections have ceased (Food, Health, Local Laws & Building)
- Routine plumbing inspections have ceased (ie. infringement inspections) however plumbing regulatory inspections are continuing, but will be monitored. Please phone 1300 883 699 to schedule inspections and confirm any current bookings.
- All bookings for outdoor events have been cancelled
All public programs have been cancelled at the following venues until further notice:
- Moncrieff Entertainment Centre
- Recreational Precinct
- Civic Centre
- Art galleries
- Bundaberg Library
- All Council community facilities for hire
The following major events have also been cancelled:
- Childers Festival
- Taste Festival
The community piano situated in the CBD pavillion remains locked due to public health concerns.
Council has contingency plans to maintain essential services throughout the pandemic including waste management, water and sewerage and cemetery operations. There may be disruptions to other Council services, and these will be notified online.