The World Health Organization has announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic. The Australian Government has introduced restrictions and measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
For up to date information visit:
Feeling unwell? If you develop a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, contact a doctor, visit the Fever Clinic at Bundaberg Hospital or call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84).
Bundaberg Regional Council has announced the closure of services, venues and programs to protect against COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Council is acting on public health advice to avoid large gatherings and maintain social distancing.
The below Council venues and facilities are closed to the public until further notice:
- Waste facilities will remain open (EFTPOS and pre-approved account payments only from Friday 3 April)
- Recycled Goods Shops will cease to operate
- All libraries (some resources are available online)
- BRAG and Charts
- Alexandra Park Zoo
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation and Fairymead House
- All Council pools
- All Council playgrounds, skate parks, picnic table areas and barbecues
- The Bundaberg Administration Centre on Bourbong Street will remain open between 8.15am and 4.45pm weekdays. Other Council customer service areas are closed to the public (including Neighbourhood Centres, Planning Counter, Civic Arcade Counter, Cemetery). Customer services will also be available via phone 1300 883 699, online here and via the Snap, Send Solve app. Critical face to face meetings will be by appointment.
- All routine inspections have ceased (Food, Health, Local Laws & Building)
- Routine plumbing inspections have ceased (ie. infringement inspections) however plumbing regulatory inspections are continuing, but will be monitored. Please phone 1300 883 699 to schedule inspections and confirm any current bookings.
- Parking enforcement has been suspended
- All bookings for outdoor events have been cancelled
- Council holiday parks will not be accepting any new visitors
Council's bulk water tag recharges for Gin Gin, Cordalba and Childers have been placed on hold at this time. All bulk water tag holders in Gin Gin, Cordalba and Childers will be able to access potable and non potable water at no charge until further notice.
All public programs will be cancelled at the following venues until further notice:
- Moncrieff Entertainment Centre
- Recreational Precinct
- Civic Centre
- Art galleries
- Bundaberg Library
- All Council community facilities for hire
The following council events have also been cancelled:
- Yeah the Youth and Gin Gin YouthFest 2020
- Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre group activities
- Childers Neighbourhood Centre group activities
Some community events that have been cancelled include Nitro Circus, Agrotrend, 2020 Bundaberg Show and Taste Bundaberg. Unfortunately, agricultural shows and Anzac Day commemorations won’t be able to go ahead as planned.
The community piano situated in the CBD pavillion has also been removed due to public health concerns.
Council has contingency plans to maintain essential services throughout the pandemic including waste management, water and sewerage and cemetery operations. There may be disruptions to other Council services, and these will be notified online.