The World Health Organization has announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic. The Australian Government has introduced restrictions and measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
For up to date information visit:
Feeling unwell? If you develop a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, please contact a doctor, visit the Fever Clinic at the Bundaberg Recreation Precinct or call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84).
In additon to the Fever Clinic, there two new medical facilities which have opened in Bundaberg to help stop the spread of the Coronavirus.
- A drive-through COVID-19 testing centre, run by QML Pathology is in operation from the Bundaberg Super Park, Eva St and is open from 9 am to 2.30 am, Monday to Friday. A GP referral is needed for anyone who wishes to be tested.
- Bundaberg Respiratory Clinic also officially opened its doors this week at the Grace Medical Skin and Vein Centre in Princess Street and includes an assessment and treatment clinic for anyone with respiratory illness or cold/flu-like symptoms. It is also a testing centre for COVID-19. This clinic opens from 8.30 am at 16 Princess Street, East Bundaberg.
Following the State Governements easing of restrictions, the following council operated holiday parks are open to accepting bookings. However, Holiday Parks will not be operating at full capacity & will be managed in line with the COVID Safe Plan.
- Burnett Heads Lighthouse Holiday Park
- Elliott Heads Holiday Park
- Miara Holiday Park
- Moore Park Beach Holiday Park
The following council facilities will be open as follows:
- The Bundaberg Administration Centre on Bourbong Street
- Bargara, Childers and Gin Gin Service Centres
- Public pools – Norville, Anzac and Gin Gin pools will remain closed (due to close timing of regular winter closure) with Childers pool (heated) open
- Playground equipment, skate parks and outdoor gyms
- Libraries at Bundaberg, Gin Gin, Childers and Woodgate (limited number of visitors more information can be found here.)
- Childers and Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centres
- Recycled Goods Shops
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation and Fairymead House
- Alexandra Park Zoo (open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 30 June for the school holidays)
Waste facilities will remain open (EFTPOS and pre-approved account payments only)
Please be advised that maintaining physical distancing and good hand hygiene is required at all facilities.
The below Council venues and facilities will remain closed to the public until further notice:
- BRAG and Charts (reopening Friday 28 August)
- Council's Planning Counter (Auswide, Level 5 & Level 6) and East Operations (Fleet and Trade Services, Water Services) are closed to the public, reopening 10 July 2020.
- All routine inspections have ceased (Food, Health, Local Laws & Building)
- Routine plumbing inspections have ceased (ie. infringement inspections) however plumbing regulatory inspections are continuing, but will be monitored. Please phone 1300 883 699 to schedule inspections and confirm any current bookings.
All public programs have been cancelled at the following venues until further notice:
- Moncrieff Entertainment Centre
- Recreational Precinct
- Multiplex (bookings accepted from 1 June)
- Civic Centre
- Art galleries, Bundaberg and Childers (reopening 28 August)
- Bundaberg Library
- All Council community facilities for hire
The following major events have also been cancelled:
- Childers Festival
- Taste Festival
The community piano situated in the CBD pavillion remains locked due to public health concerns.
Council has contingency plans to maintain essential services throughout the pandemic including waste management, water and sewerage and cemetery operations. There may be disruptions to other Council services, and these will be notified online.