The Mayor's Telstra Innovation Awards
Bundaberg Regional Council is proud to partner with Telstra, CQUniversity, TAFE Queensland, Community Lifestyle Support (CLS) AT_Makerspace, Bundaberg Brewed Drinks, Queensland Computers and The Generator to deliver the Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards in 2020 exclusively to high schools within the Bundaberg Regional Council Local Government Area.
The Awards purpose is to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship, by helping students in the Bundaberg Region unlock their problem solving potential and take their big technology ideas to the next level.
The main aims of The Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards are to:
- Nurture the knowledge base that exists among the young people of our region
- Inspire students to be innovative and collaborative by:
- encouraging teamwork between students
- giving students an opportunity to present their ideas and concepts to a wider community audience
- recognising the efforts and achievements of students.
- Highlight the importance of study in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields for the future of the Bundaberg Region – building a knowledge-based economy.
- Foster a culture of entrepreneurship amongst the young people in the region through:
- connecting students with some of the opportunities, business community, camaraderie and support channels available
- providing students with valuable experience and knowledge regarding entrepreneurship
- incentivizing students to take risks by making their own decisions to explore different opportunities