Mayor's Telstra Innovation Awards
Bundaberg Regional Council is proud to partner with Telstra, CQUniversity, TAFE Queensland, Community Lifestyle Support (CLS) MAKI SPACE, Queensland University of Technology, Queensland Computers, Regional Business HQ, The Generator, and Ulton to deliver the 2023 Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards exclusively to high schools within the Bundaberg Regional Council Local Government Area.
The Award's purpose is to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship, by helping students in the Bundaberg Region unlock their problem-solving potential and take their big technology ideas to the next level.
The main aims of The Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards are to:
- Nurture the knowledge base that exists among the young people of our region
- Inspire students to be innovative and collaborative
- Highlight the importance of study in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields for the future of the Bundaberg Region – building a knowledge-based economy.
- Foster a culture of entrepreneurship amongst the young people in the region
We are pleased to announce the teams who will be progressing through to Phase 2 of the Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards 2023. Congratulations to the 11 teams below.
- Bundaberg Christian College – F.F.E Wagon Family Food Experience
- Bundaberg Christian College – Sustaina Sports
- Bundaberg Christian College – The Well-Being
- Bundaberg Christian College – Rental Rizzler’s (R.R.H)
- Bundaberg State High School – Never Forget
- Bundaberg State High School – Hard Heads
- St Luke’s Anglican School – CATZ
- St Luke’s Anglican School – Eco Monitors
- St Luke’s Anglican School – Scanning for COVID
- St Luke’s Anglican School - Sunscreen Tablet
- Shalom College – QuickQ
The first mentoring session will be held at the Bundaberg Civic Centre on Tuesday 18 April from 5 – 7pm. Light dinner will be provided.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Download MTIA student handbook
Download MTIA parent media consent form