Childers Meals on Wheels
Childers Meals on Wheels is operated by the Childers Neighbourhood Centre and is jointly funded by Bundaberg Regional Council and the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy and the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
The aim of this program is to provide a nutritious meal to members of the community irrespective of class, colour or creed, without means testing, thus enabling those in genuine need to receive the service.
- Nutritious midday meal delivered by cheerful volunteers to those unable to cook or shop for themselves.
- Meals are delivered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Meals for other days can be arranged (frozen meals)
- Clients receive a nutritious and tasty meal, delivered by volunteers who have time for a friendly chat.
- We work to meet clients' individual needs, across differences in culture, dietary need, religion, medical condition, language, physical ability and personal taste.
For further information on Meals on Wheels Service please contact the Childers Neighbourhood Centre.