Council recognises the important role not-for-profit sport, recreation and community organisations play in our region and is dedicated to supporting these groups by developing diverse partnerships through the provision of land and facilities.
Council offers several flexible tenure options, including Permits, Leases and Licences to assist these organisations.
Groups interested in making an application for tenure should meet the following criteria:
- be an incorporated entity capable of entering into agreements;
- be a non-commercial and community orientated organisation;
- have a fixed postal address;
- be able to maintain a $20 million public liability insurance policy; and
- be able to demonstrate an ability to meet the financial, legal and maintenance obligations under a lease, permit or licence.
An application form, together with any relevant supporting documentation helpful in assessing the application, may be returned to Council's Property and Leases Officer by:
- Mail to: PO Box 3130, Bundaberg QLD 4670
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Council administration centre
Council has prepared a guideline to assist organisations when applying to Council for tenure.
Guildines for Tenure (Leasing of Community Land)
- Community Door – a portal for Queensland community organisations to access information and link with other organisations in the space. Funded by Queensland Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors.
- QGov Associations, Charities and Not-for-profits – the official state government webspace dedicated to community-based organisations. Contains links to enable incorporation of an entity as well as other information and governing regulations.
Should you or your group have any queries or would like some assistance, please don't hesitate to contact Council's Property and Leases Officer or our Venues and Facilities Team on 1300 883 699.