The Turtle Trail is an excellent walking and cycling path that links Kelly's Beach Bargara to Burnett Heads Harbour, a short drive east of Bundaberg.
It takes in some of the most popular areas of the Coral Coast - the world famous Mon Repos Turtle Rookery, scenic Burnett Heads South Parklands Harbour and Kelly's Beach in the beautiful coastal town of Bargara.
The Turtle Trail has proved to be very popular with residents and tourists by:
- improving accessibility to Mon Repos turtle rookery - a world renowned tourist attraction, the largest in the southern hemisphere
- promoting the healthy recreation pursuits of cycling and walking, while enjoying some of the spectacular scenery of the Coral Coast
- linking the popular areas of Bargara and Burnett Heads
- taking advantage of tourist attractions, parks and recreation areas with excellent picnic and barbecue facilities and amenities, beautiful gardens, accommodation establishments
- making the most of the fun, friendly open space