Once an approval has been issued, only the licenced plumber or drainer carrying out the installation of plumbing, drainage and on-site wastewater may request an inspection from Council's plumbing administration team.
The type of inspections required are as follows:
- Underslab drain
- External Drainage
- Internal Hot and Cold Water Service Elevated Drainage
- On-site sewerage facility and disposal area
To book a plumbing inspection, the licenced plumber or drainer must telephone Council on 1300 883 699 with the correct permit number and address to schedule an inspection date and time. Council will not accept emails or messages left on Council's message service.
The requested inspection is to be booked two business days prior to the requested inspection date.
Before the final inspection is requested and carried out, Council requires the following documentation to be submitted:
- As constructed sanitary drainage plans (for commercial premises)
- Form 9 and commissioning certificates for backflow requirements
- Thermostatic Mixing Valve commissioning certificates
- Commissioning Certificate for on-site sewerage facility
- Form 8 from the appropriate person as Queensland Government requirements
- Fire Service test reports (for commercial premises)
- Bore water certification (for rural properties, if required)
- Details of any trade waste pre-treatment device installed (for commercial premises)
Should Council not receive all the necessary documentation, the final inspection will not be successful.
To receive a successful final inspection outcome, the licenced plumber or drainer, from the final inspection date, will have a maximum of seven business days to complete the non-compliant work as noted in the Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulations 2019.