General rating information

Lodging an objection to your rating category

If you believe your general rate category is incorrect you can object by completing an Objection to General Rate Category Form.

If you lodge an objection the rates and charges must still be paid by the due date. If the category is changed because of the objection, council will adjust the rates and advise you in writing.

However, if you are objecting to your valuation, please direct your enquiries to the Department of Resources on 137 468.