Council at its meeting held 29 September 2020 decided to make an amendment to the Bundaberg Regional Council Planning scheme policy for development works.
The public consultation period for the proposed amendment commences 9 October 2020 and closes on 6 November 2020.
The purpose and general effect of the proposed amendment is as follows:
- Clarify minimum requirements for development works to be completed as a prerequisite for Council consideration of uncompleted works bonds;
- Identify the value of uncompleted works bonds and timeframes for incomplete works to be completed and operational after approval of the survey plan or commencement of a use;
- Outline the lodgement process and documentation required to support the uncompleted works bond, including payment options (cash or bank guarantees) and requirements for receiving bond refunds.
The proposed amendment also seeks to provide better guidance for other types of bonds, including performance bonds and maintenance bonds currently identified within the On-Maintenance procedure in the planning scheme policy.
The proposed amendment and supporting material are available for download below:
- Proposed amendment to the Planning scheme policy for development works (refer section SC6.3.13)
- Public Notice
Make a Submission
Any person may make a submission about any aspect of the proposed amendment. For a submission to be properly made, it must:
- be made in writing to Bundaberg Regional Council;
- state the name and address of each person making the submission;
- state its grounds, and the facts and circumstances relied on to support the grounds;
- state one postal or electronic address for service of correspondence relating to the submission;
- be signed by each person making the submission; and
- be received by Council no later than 4.45pm on Friday, 6 November 2020.
Submissions can be made by post, delivered in person, or via email to email@example.com
Have a Question?
For enquiries or information about the proposed amendment, phone 1300 883 699, email firstname.lastname@example.org or enquire at Council’s Development Counter at Level 6, Auswide Building, 16-20 Barolin Street, Bundaberg.