Neighbour Day is an annual celebration of community on the last Sunday of March.
Bundaberg Regional Council is celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Neighbour Day.
The theme for the 2022 Neighbour Day is ‘Connecting Communities for 20 years’
Bundaberg Regional Council wants to encourage the community to actively build strong connections with the people around them. Research shows that communities where people know each other have better mental health, are safer, and more resilient to adversity.
To make a difference to the lives of those who may be struggling with isolation or loneliness, reach out to the vulnerable and lonely members of your community,
Neighbour Day, on Sunday 27 March is the perfect day to say thanks to the wonderful people in our neighbourhood, connect with new neighbours, and feel part of your community.
Do you have that neighbour who does good deeds for the community and goes out of their way to help you or others? That one friendly person in your Neighbourhood who was there at the right time to ease your burden?
Voting is now open!
Head to the Facebook pages below to vote:
Voting starts 21 March and closes 25 March 2022 at 3pm.
Neighbour Day 2022 - Terms and conditions
* This competition is run by Bundaberg Regional Council (Council).
* By entering this competition you agree to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. A failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions will render any entry invalid and an entrant will be ineligible to claim the prize.
* The nominations close at 3pm on Friday 18 March 2022.
* The most popular choice as decided by public opinion on Facebook will be the winner.
* The nominator for each neighbourhood will be notified by phone or email (as supplied in the entry form) on Friday, 25 March.
* Council’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
* The prize winner will be notified by phone or email (as supplied in the entry form) on Friday, 25 March.
* The winner must be a resident of the Bundaberg Region (proof of address required).
* Government agencies, Council employees and Councillors are ineligible to win the prize.
* Prize valued at $100 each.
* Prize is not transferrable nor redeemable for cash.
* The Council accepts no responsibility for and you agree to indemnify and release Council against any loss or damage howsoever arising (including negligence), to a person or property, arising out of or in connection with the competition including (but not limited to) erroneous, late or misdirected entries, errors, delay or malfunction of Council's website and any implications of winning the prize.
* Council reserve the right to cancel or terminate the competition if, for any reason, the integrity of the competition or its fairness or security is compromised.
* Council may vary these Terms and Conditions without notice to participants by publication on the Website of the amended Terms and Conditions.