Coronavirus relief package
Council has endorsed a package of relief measures to support residents and businesses affected by the Coronavirus emergency.
The package includes:
- A moratorium on interest for outstanding rates and charges.
- Refund all fees related to event permits and venue bookings.
- Defer fees and charges for sporting clubs and associations.
- Extend all dog registrations by six months.
- Extend licences and permits for regulated premises by six months at no charge.
- Provide rent relief initially to 30 September 2020 for Council-owned commercial tourism and retail shop leases.
- Parking restrictions won’t be enforced.
- Waive all airport-related fees for commercial aircraft.
- Extend food licences by six months.
- Extend the time on trade waste licensing by six months (ie: trade waste fees and charges will be waived for six months)
- Assistance for sporting clubs and community organisations through a grants program.
Some of these measures will be implemented in the next few days and further announcements will follow.
Council will also establish an Economic Recovery Group comprising representatives from the local community, industry and agencies to plan and lead the recovery of our local economy.