Coronavirus relief package
At the Ordinary meeting of Council on 24 March 2020, Council endorsed a package of relief measures to support residents and businesses affected by the Coronavirus emergency.
The package includes:
- A moratorium on interest for outstanding rates and charges.
- Refund all fees related to event permits and venue bookings.
- Defer fees and charges for sporting clubs and associations.
- Extend all dog registrations by six months.
- Extend licences and permits for regulated premises by six months at no charge.
- Provide rent relief initially to 30 September 2020 for Council-owned commercial tourism and retail shop leases.
- Parking restrictions won’t be enforced.
- Waive all airport-related fees for commercial aircraft.
- Extend food licences by six months.
- Extend the time on trade waste licensing by six months (ie: trade waste fees and charges will be waived for six months)
- Assistance for sporting clubs and community organisations through a grants program.
Council has also established an Economic Recovery Group comprising representatives from the local community, industry and agencies to plan and lead the recovery of our local economy.