The World Health Organization has announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic. The Australian Government has introduced restrictions and measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
For up to date information visit:
Feeling unwell? If you develop a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, please contact a doctor, visit the Fever Clinic or call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84).
Following the State Governements easing of restrictions, the following council operated holiday parks are open to accepting bookings. However, Holiday Parks will not be operating at full capacity & will be managed in line with the COVID Safe Plan.
- Burnett Heads Lighthouse Holiday Park
- Elliott Heads Holiday Park
- Miara Holiday Park
- Moore Park Beach Holiday Park
The following council facilities will be open as follows:
- The Bundaberg Administration Centre on Bourbong Street
- Bargara, Childers and Gin Gin Service Centres
- Planning Counter (Auswide) and East Operations (Fleet and Trade, Water Services)
- Public pools – Norville, Anzac and Gin Gin pools will remain closed (due to close timing of regular winter closure) with Childers pool (heated) open
- Playground equipment, skate parks and outdoor gyms
- Libraries at Bundaberg, Gin Gin, Childers and Woodgate (limited number of visitors more information can be found here.)
- Childers and Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centres
- Recycled Goods Shops
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation and Fairymead House
- Alexandra Park Zoo (open Wednesday to Sunday - 9.30am to 4.30pm)
- BRAG and Charts
Waste facilities will remain open (EFTPOS and pre-approved account payments only)
Please be advised that maintaining physical distancing and good hand hygiene is required at all facilities.
The community piano situated in the CBD pavillion remains locked due to public health concerns.
Council has contingency plans to maintain essential services throughout the pandemic including waste management, water and sewerage and cemetery operations. There may be disruptions to other Council services, and these will be notified online.