Before accessing the Burnett River flood gauge mapping system, it is recommended that you read the General information and Disclaimer before clicking the "I agree - go to map" button below.
- This mapping system is in BETA. Feedback on this system can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Bureau of Meteorology (the Bureau) operates the Flood Warning System for the Burnett River.
- The mapping is prepared for the purpose of Flood Emergency Management and to provide a tool for the general public to understand how upstream flood gauge levels (reported by the Bureau of Meteorology) may impact upon their property.
- This mapping system represents the potential flood inundation extent that could reasonably be expected for the Lower Burnett River based on the following three (3) gauges:
- Paradise Dam (Depth over Spillway);
- Bundaberg (Targo St);
- All heights are in metres (m) on flood gauges as reported by the Bureau.
- The flood inundation extents do not indicate floor level inundation of individual buildings.
- The maps don’t represent a particular historical event or design probability (i.e 1% AEP), they simply represent potential inundation based on flood gauge levels.
- The accuracy of these maps is not absolute. They are derived using the best available information including LiDAR, bathymetric survey and calibrated flood modelling undertaken as part of Councils Burnett River Flood Study (2013).
- The extent of flooding shown is based on a Burnett River flood event. Increases in flood levels and flood extent can be experienced due to local factors such as stormwater runoff, culvert blockages, obstructions to overland flow (e.g. fences and buildings) or as a result of flooding from tributary streams. Residents living near tributaries of the Burnett River should be particularly cautious due to added uncertainty associated with the potential for flooding from multiple sources (coincident flooding).
- Various base maps are available including aerial photography of the 2013 flood event (in Bundaberg) to assist with interpretation.
- Inundated areas shown should not be used for navigation purposes.
- Maps will work on iOS, Android and PC using your internet browser. For best viewing results, Android users are recommended to use Chrome.
- To ensure PDF print outs work as expected, please ensure pop ups are enabled in your internet browser.
The information contained in this mapping tool is for general information purposes only. The information contained in this website tool does not constitute, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind and should not be treated as such. If you require advice in relation to any matter relating to the information contained herein, you should consult an appropriate professional body/organisation or person.
While Bundaberg Regional Council endeavours to keep the information up to date and correct, it makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to this information, for any purpose. Bundaberg Regional Council assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information. Any reliance placed on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Every effort is made to keep this website and website tool up and running smoothly. However, Bundaberg Regional Council takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website and/or website tool being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond its control.
In no event will Bundaberg Regional Council be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage of any kind, whatsoever arising from reliance on the information contained herein.
Bundaberg Regional Council will not be liable in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond its reasonable control.
Bundaberg Regional Council accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer system, software or data as a result of connecting to this website and/or website tool.
Nothing in this disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty/liability implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit.